The holidays can be a great opportunity to spend with family and friends. It is a time to relax and enjoy the holiday spirit. One of the most important things is to be with the people who you love and who love you back. There are many different activities that can create lifelong memories during this season. Read below for fun, family-centric ideas during the holidays:
- See the Nutcracker. The Nutcracker is a two-act ballet that first premiered in Saint Petersburg, Russia in 1892. It is now recreated all over the world by many different dance and ballet companies. Click here to find a nutcracker ballet showing near you.
- Attend a Holiday Party. Around this season everyone is hosting cocktail parties, holiday dinners and charity galas. This is the biggest time of year to give back, it is the reason for the season. There are multiple charities that host large fundraising galas during the holidays. What a great time to get together with friends and family and support a cause near and dear to your heart! You can also throw your own holiday party for all your friends and family in one place. Your party can offer a hot chocolate bar, ornament exchange, or even a cookie decorating competition. Click here to see tips on how to host an easy holiday party!
- Family Fun. During the season, there are various family-friendly activities to do together. Your family may enjoy the strategy behind an Escape Room. Need a good laugh? Take your family to a Christmas Comedy show or a Murder Mystery Dinner. Want to become a chef for the day? Sur La Table allows groups of people to attend and participate in a cooking classes for all levels of cooking. Visit Sur La Table to book your cooking class! The holidays are near and there are shows and activities that can bring you and your family together.
- Holiday Concerts. Most neighborhoods and community centers will put together small holiday concerts with local singers and bands to sing Christmas music. This is a great activity for the whole family. Check your local neighborhood or country club to see what events they will be hosting.
- Visit Santa. Taking your grandkids to go see Santa can be the highlight of the season for them. It can be so enjoyable watching their faces light up when they have the opportunity to tell Santa what toys they will want on the big day!
- Holiday Light Tour. Riding around and seeing all the twinkling lights can bring the holiday to life! Whether you are in Georgia near Lake Lanier, or in Dallas near Mockingbird Station, you can find a place near you and hop on a trolley, ride in your own car, or walk around to see all the lights and colorful homes that participate. Click here to read about the must see holiday displays in each state!