Merit is a fast-growing, pioneering financial services firm that invests heavily in the growth and development of team members. Merit seeks to establish, educate, and help individuals reach their financial goals as they transition into and experience retirement. With an unswerving commitment to excellence and reliability, Merit provides objective financial advice and believes in establishing long-lasting relationships. By offering an array of services, clients can receive tailored solutions that promote growth and help them achieve financial goals.
Merit believes in addressing the retirement challenges in America by helping clients reach financial freedom and confidence to the working population and retirees alike. This focus on comprehensive financial wellness enables us to deliver the ultimate client experience.
With nine locations across the southeast and northeast, headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Merit balances tactical advice with innovative strategy. Our 80 hardworking employees are leaders rooted in humility and we are poised to grow. Merit is a multi-generational firm with a foundation built around servant leadership and total team leadership. We have been recognized as a “Best Places to Work” by InvestmentNews and have made the fastest-growing companies list in both INC 5000 and Georgia’s Fastest 40. As we expand and work to bring our relationship-driven approach to the financial industry, we are looking for the right individuals to join our team.
The Accounting Associate/Bookkeeper supports the accounting department by providing accurate and timely recording of financial transactions.
- Perform weekly AP/AR duties, including paying bills, reviewing bills and invoices for errors and accuracy, processing electronic payments, printing checks, making deposits, etc.
- Assist in managing the Company’s accounting system, such as maintaining audit documentation, creating customer and vendors profiles, and updating records
- Manage all company credit cards – monitor card activity, dispute errors, post/download transactions for tracking, review employee expense coding within Zoho Expense, and make payments
- Oversee AdvicePay invoicing process – update DocuSign templates, download and enter invoices in the accounting software, and reconcile deposits from AdvicePay
- Process employee expense reimbursements through Zoho Expense
- Maintain customer and employee confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Other duties as required or requested
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to learn and implement new technology
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to take initiative and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Great analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of recent accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field
- Advanced level of competency in Microsoft Suite – especially Excel
- Experience with Xero a plus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA) or Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) Plan with company matching.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays