Client Service Associate
Title: Client Service Manager
Location: Sandy Springs, GA
Merit is a fast growing, pioneering financial services firm that invests heavily in the growth and development of team members. Merit seeks to establish, educate, and help individuals reach their financial goals as they transition into and experience retirement. With an unswerving commitment to excellence and reliability, Merit provides objective financial advice and believes in establishing long-lasting relationships. By offering an array of services, clients can receive tailored solutions that promote growth and help them achieve financial goals.
Merit believes in addressing the retirement challenges in America by helping clients reach financial freedom and confidence to the working population and retirees alike. This focus on comprehensive financial wellness enables us to deliver the ultimate client experience.
Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, with nine locations across the southeast and northeast, Merit balances tactical advice with innovative strategy. Our 100 hardworking employees are leaders rooted in humility and we are poised to grow. Merit is a multi-generational firm with a foundation built around servant leadership and total team leadership. We have been recognized as a “Best Places to Work” by InvestmentNews and have made the fastest growing companies list in both INC 5000 and Georgia’s Fastest 40. As we expand and work to bring our relationship-driven approach to the financial industry, we are looking for the right individuals to join our team.
The Client Service Manager is a key role that ensures excellence in customer service. This person manages client interactions and maintains the highest level of confidentiality and discretion in all business matters to complete appropriate paperwork in a professional and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with clients.
- Schedule client appointments for advisor(s) (depending on branch office personnel)
- Process variable annuity business for compliance approval via custodian’s Annuity Order Entry system.
- Process Alternative Investment Orders via LPL’s ClientWorks system
- Review and resolve client account related issues with custodian(s)
- Proactive follow-up with clients to confirm account updates, paperwork, and check receipt.
- Meets with clients when applicable for new client forms signatures and processing.
- Follows up with clients as necessary to make sure all paperwork is received
- Prepare checks for deposits to client accounts.
- Tracks and documents all account changes in Salesforce CRM accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review account transactions daily to monitor trade requests placed, confirm deposits posted, transfers received, confirm client withdraw requests sent, etc.
- Set up new client online account access and assist existing clients with online account access.
- Maintain Required Minimum Distributions
- Submit & follow-up on advisory trade requests with Merit Investment Team
- Review notes from client appointments and complete action items
- Document all communication & interactions with clients and prospects and Processing managers in Salesforce CRM in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Processing Manager for your firm
- Maintain paperless client files on our cloud‐based system.
- Keeping advisor(s) book of business updated within the custodian systems, Salesforce & Orion.
- Collaborate with the Client Service team across all branches to keep up with changes at custodians and develop and improve systems and processes.
- Responsible for maintaining & submitting branch compliance files quarterly.
- Resolving account related compliance requests
- Track & submit insurance licensing, renewal and appointments
- Handle miscellaneous operational activities and projects (e.g., scanning documents)
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2-4 years in client service for a wealth management firm.
- FINRA S6 or S7 and S63/S65 OR 66
- Excellent knowledge of the securities industry’s rules & regulations
- Proficient computer skills (ability to access email and the Internet) and proficiencies in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Salesforce are desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding teamwork and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and operate under tight deadlines.
- Strong team-oriented mentality with a desire to achieve personal and company performance goals.
- Ability to interact with clients and team members in a professional and respectful manner.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Curiosity and ingenuity to help implement new client‐related technology solutions as well as creatively build and maintain methods and procedures of the company.
Salary + Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA) or Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
Best Places To Work for Financial Advisors 2018-2021: Best Places to Work for Financial Advisors 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 – Recognized firms were required to be a registered investment advisor (RIA) that has been in business at least one year and have a minimum of 15 full-time/part-time employees. The assessment consisted of a questionnaire on benefits and policies completed by human resources staff along with an engagement & satisfaction survey completed by a minimum of 40% of staff. 50 firms were selected for this award from an undisclosed list of submissions. There was no charge to be included in this award listing.
Georgia Fast 40 2019: The Georgia Fast 40 for 2019 was awarded by the Atlanta Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth. To be eligible companies must be for profit and headquartered in Georgia and the most recent year-end revenues ranging from $15 million to $500 million and have three years of verifiable revenue and employment growth.
Inc 5000 2019 & 2020: The Wilshire 5000 Total Market Index, which consists of more than 5000 companies, represents virtually all of the capitalization of the entire U.S. stock market.