Chief Marketing Officer
Merit is a fast-growing, pioneering financial services firm that invests heavily in the growth and development of team members. Merit seeks to establish, educate, and help individuals reach their financial goals as they transition into and experience retirement. With an unswerving commitment to excellence and reliability, Merit provides objective financial advice and believes in establishing long-lasting relationships. By offering an array of services, clients can receive tailored solutions that promote growth and help them achieve financial goals.
Merit believes in addressing the retirement challenges in America by helping clients reach financial freedom and confidence to the working population and retirees alike. This focus on comprehensive financial wellness enables us to deliver the ultimate client experience.
With nine locations across the southeast and northeast, headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Merit balances tactical advice with innovative strategy. Our 80 hardworking employees are leaders rooted in humility and we are poised to grow. Merit is a multi-generational firm with a foundation built around servant leadership and total team leadership. We have been recognized as a “Best Places to Work” by InvestmentNews and have made the fastest-growing companies list in both INC 5000 and Georgia’s Fastest 40. As we expand and work to bring our relationship-driven approach to the financial industry, we are looking for the right individuals to join our team.
The corporate marketing team is responsible for developing, implementing, and executing strategic
marketing plans for the entire organization with a focus on attracting potential clients and retaining existing ones.
The Corporate Marketing Associate will work as a part of that team to help craft promotional messages and publish media across multiple channels, digital and print. This person needs to have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail and commitment to personal excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of industry experience in marketing and/or business development with a focus on marketing expansion. This should include at least three to five years of leadership positions with a demonstrated increase in responsibility.
- Superb analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
- Flexibility, integrity, and humility.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management.
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics.
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, preferably in the financial services industry or other similarly regulated industry.
- A visionary with a deep understanding of traditional and innovative marketing strategies and a proven track record of creating campaigns and initiatives that will drive and increase revenue.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Medical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA) or Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) Plan with company matching.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays