Client Service Manager (CSM)
Merit is a fast-growing, pioneering financial services firm that invests heavily in the growth and development of team members. Merit seeks to establish, educate, and help individuals reach their financial goals as they transition into and experience retirement. With an unswerving commitment to excellence and reliability, Merit provides objective financial advice and believes in establishing long-lasting relationships. By offering an array of services, clients can receive tailored solutions that promote growth and help them achieve financial goals.
Merit believes in addressing the retirement challenges in America by helping clients reach financial freedom and confidence to the working population and retirees alike. This focus on comprehensive financial wellness enables us to deliver the ultimate client experience.
With nine locations across the southeast and northeast, headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Merit balances tactical advice with innovative strategy. Our 80 hardworking employees are leaders rooted in humility and we are poised to grow. Merit is a multi-generational firm with a foundation built around servant leadership and total team leadership. We have been recognized as a “Best Places to Work” by InvestmentNews and have made the fastest-growing companies list in both INC 5000 and Georgia’s Fastest 40. As we expand and work to bring our relationship-driven approach to the financial industry, we are looking for the right individuals to join our team.
The Client Service Manager is a key role that ensures excellence in customer service. This person manages client interactions and maintains the highest level of confidentiality and discretion in all business matters to complete appropriate paperwork in a professional and timely manner.
- First point of contact for client phone inquiries/walk‐ins.
- Schedule advisor appointments for clients/prospects.
- Confirm advisor appointments with clients/prospects by email or phone.
- Process new client account applications and paperwork.
- Assist existing clients with account maintenance and online access to accounts.
- Process client requests for distributions and deposits.
- Work with custodian, financial advisor, and vendors on resolving not in good order issues.
- Maintain paperless client files on our cloud‐based system.
- Prepare client files for advisor appointments (including client reports for account reviews).
- Review notes from client appointments and complete action items as directed.
- Forward paperwork/client letters as directed by the financial advisor.
- Update contact records in CRM with client communication, open/closed accounts, distributions, and record status.
- Open, close, and maintain client accounts in custodian/sponsor company systems.
- Process all account changes such as name, address, beneficiaries, etc.
- Process service forms via mail, email, e‐signature, or fax.
- Prepare checks for remote, local branch deposit, or overnight delivery to custodian/sponsor company.
- Check custodian’s system for notifications daily and resolve outstanding issues.
- Submit variable annuity business for compliance approval via custodian’s Annuity Order Entry system.
- Update tracking reports including outgoing distributions, non‐discretionary advisory accounts, and terminated clients.
- Process incoming/outgoing asset transfers.
- Prepare income verification letters.
- Notarize client related documents.
- As this role evolves, it will grow and change to include responsibilities not listed above.
- A minimum of 5 years in client service for a wealth management firm.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 license, a plus.
- General computer skills (ability to access email and the Internet) and proficiencies in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Salesforce are desired.
- Familiarity with LPL system preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding teamwork and time management skills.
- Strong team-oriented mentality with a desire to achieve personal and company performance goals.
- Ability to interact with clients and team members in a professional and respectful manner.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Curiosity and ingenuity to help implement new client‐related technology solutions as well as creatively build and maintain methods and procedures of the company.
Salary + Benefits:
- Competitive Salary Based on Experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA) or Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays