Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Merit is a fast-growing, pioneering financial services firm that invests heavily in the growth and development of team members. Merit seeks to establish, educate, and help individuals reach their financial goals as they transition into and experience retirement. With an unswerving commitment to excellence and reliability, Merit provides objective financial advice and believes in establishing long-lasting relationships. By offering an array of services, clients can receive tailored solutions that promote growth and help them achieve financial goals.
Merit believes in addressing the retirement challenges in America by helping clients reach financial freedom and confidence to the working population and retirees alike. This focus on comprehensive financial wellness enables us to deliver the ultimate client experience.
With nine locations across the southeast and northeast, headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Merit balances tactical advice with innovative strategy. Our 80 hardworking employees are leaders rooted in humility and we are poised to grow. Merit is a multi-generational firm with a foundation built around servant leadership and total team leadership. We have been recognized as a “Best Places to Work” by InvestmentNews and have made the fastest-growing companies list in both INC 5000 and Georgia’s Fastest 40. As we expand and work to bring our relationship-driven approach to the financial industry, we are looking for the right individuals to join our team.
We are seeking a highly-skilled CTO with an established history in the financial advisory sector, registered investment advisor (RIA) experience is a must. This individual must have a comprehensive understanding of the wealth management business and regulatory environment.
The CTO will work directly under the CEO and serve as a technology and business expert, guiding day-to-day operations as well as setting future vision, strategy, and plans for growth. He/she will be in charge of all company technology and technological resources and will supervise system operations and oversee quality assurance processes. The CTO will make executive technology decisions on behalf of the company including the management of technology budgets/investments in alignment with the company vision for technology needs.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, effective communicator, and industry expert in technological development in the Financial Advisory sector.
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Ensuring that technological resources meet the short and long-term needs of the company.
- Outlining goals for technology research and development.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements.
- Managing vendor relationships and negotiating contract renewals.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with outside consultants and contractors.
- Providing mentorship to team members.
- Maintaining a focus on both employee user and end-user technology, with an emphasis on usability.
- Managing technology budgets and time frames.
- Researching and implementing current technology trends and developments.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Oversee our compliance and adherence as it relates to Branch Office Security and Branch/Firm Cybersecurity requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field; Master’s degree in information technology or a technology-related discipline preferred.
- Eight to ten years of experience in a software development role, information technology role, or related field; three to five years in management or leadership with a demonstrated increase in responsibility.
- Ability to analyze, multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Experience in building strong interpersonal relationships with peers, brand leaders, and other senior management throughout the company.
- Able to be a “big picture” thinker.
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills with an ability to mentor and lead a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to align multiple strategies and ideas.
- Confidence in producing and presenting work.
- Extensive experience in technology management, preferably in the financial services industry or other similarly regulated industry.
- In-depth understanding of the industry developments and current trends.
- Experience with technology relative to the industry. Must have experience with Orion Advisor Tech and Salesforce.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Flexibility, integrity, and humility.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), or Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) Plan with company matching.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays