Merit is a fast-growing, pioneering financial services firm that invests heavily in the growth and development of team members. Merit seeks to establish, educate, and help individuals reach their financial goals as they transition into and experience retirement. With an unswerving commitment to excellence and reliability, Merit provides objective financial advice and believes in establishing long-lasting relationships. By offering an array of services, clients can receive tailored solutions that promote growth and help them achieve financial goals.
Merit believes in addressing the retirement challenges in America by helping clients reach financial freedom and confidence to the working population and retirees alike. This focus on comprehensive financial wellness enables us to deliver the ultimate client experience.
With nine locations across the southeast and northeast, headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Merit balances tactical advice with innovative strategy. Our 80 hardworking employees are leaders rooted in humility and we are poised to grow. Merit is a multi-generational firm with a foundation built around servant leadership and total team leadership. We have been recognized as a “Best Places to Work” by InvestmentNews and have made the fastest-growing companies list in both INC 5000 and Georgia’s Fastest 40. As we expand and work to bring our relationship-driven approach to the financial industry, we are looking for the right individuals to join our team.
The Investment Manager will serve as a critical component of the investment team, translating and presenting information to advisors and clients and promoting the mission of Merit Financial Advisors. This position will support the research and communications aspects of the investment program and will include a range of responsibilities that are both internally and externally facing.
- Develop and deliver engaging presentations to a wide range of audiences, including advisors and clients.
- Write investment research pieces for financial advisors and firm clients, specifically communicating sophisticated investment concepts in a manner that is understandable to unsophisticated investors.
- Create scripts for video production of materials to be sent to advisors and clients.
- Maintain the internal investment management intranet site with relevant and timely information.
- Communicate with advisors regarding the investment portfolios managed on behalf of their clients.
- Prepare for and present information to the Merit Investment Committee.
- Research new investment themes and products for inclusion in client portfolios.
- Manage various research and industry-related projects as needed.
- Communicate with outside money managers to keep current on changes affecting firm investments.
- Work with internal trading and operations teams to ensure the implementation of investment portfolios.
- Minimum Experience Required: BBA Finance, Economics or similar business-focused degree.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, are a must.
- Five plus years of relevant work experience, preferably within the investment advisory or money management industry.
- Skilled writer and presenter within the financial industry.
- Work toward the CFA designation preferred.
- High degree of competency with MS Excel, Morningstar Direct, Orion, MS PowerPoint, WordPress.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA) or Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) Plan with company matching.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays