Merit is a fast-growing, pioneering financial services firm that invests heavily in the growth and development of team members. Merit seeks to establish, educate, and help individuals reach their financial goals as they transition into and experience retirement. With an unswerving commitment to excellence and reliability, Merit provides objective financial advice and believes in establishing long-lasting relationships. By offering an array of services, clients can receive tailored solutions that promote growth and help them achieve financial goals.
Merit believes in addressing the retirement challenges in America by helping clients reach financial freedom and confidence to the working population and retirees alike. This focus on comprehensive financial wellness enables us to deliver the ultimate client experience.
With locations across the southeast and northeast, headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Merit balances tactical advice with innovative strategy. Our hardworking employees are leaders rooted in humility and we are poised to grow. Merit is a multi-generational firm with a foundation built around servant leadership and total team leadership. We have been recognized as a “Best Places to Work” by InvestmentNews and have made the fastest-growing companies list in both INC 5000 and Georgia’s Fastest 40. As we expand and work to bring our relationship-driven approach to the financial industry, we are looking for the right individuals to join our team.
The Relationship Manager plays an integral part in the firm’s operations by managing client relationships, consistently interacting with both clients and financial advisors to provide ongoing support. This person serves as a key contributor to client satisfaction and client retention. He/she allows our advisors to focus on growth initiatives for the firm to bring on new clients. This position is in Sandy Springs, GA
- Prepare for and attend client meetings with advisors.
- Obtain all necessary information to build and present financial plans to clients.
- Facilitate client onboarding and intake meetings/discussions.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and implement opportunities for customer contact with the goal of improving the customer’s current financial position and simultaneously building and nurturing the existing customer relationships.
- Review the impact and potential opportunities related to changes in policy, tax laws, financial industry regulations, etc.
- Investigate and resolve various administrative matters impacting the client’s overall situation, including abandoned property issues, cost basis determination, account and transaction history as needed, identification of fees assessed, resolution of corporate actions, and any other activity or issue needing attention.
- Perform necessary client transactions upon request. Research and resolve client inquiries, return all client calls the same day, and ensure client satisfaction at all times.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion in all client dealings.
- Assist the team in other areas of need.
- As this role evolves, it will grow and change to include other responsibilities not listed above.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance
- Series 7, Series 66 (or 63 and 65), insurance licenses (must be obtained within the first year of employment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding teamwork and time management skills
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.
- Experience with financial planning software, a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to instill comfort and confidence in a prospect or client, given any situation.
- Competitive, based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA) or Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays