Merit is a fast growing, pioneering financial services firm that invests heavily in the growth and development of team members. Merit seeks to establish, educate, and help individuals reach their financial goals as they transition into and experience retirement. With an unswerving commitment to excellence and reliability, Merit provides objective financial advice and believes in establishing long-lasting relationships. By offering an array of services, clients can receive tailored solutions that promote growth and help them achieve financial goals.
Merit believes in addressing the retirement challenges in America by helping clients reach financial freedom and confidence to the working population and retirees alike. This focus on comprehensive financial wellness enables us to deliver the ultimate client experience.
Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, with nine locations across the southeast and northeast, Merit balances tactical advice with innovative strategy. Our 100 hardworking employees are leaders rooted in humility and we are poised to grow. Merit is a multi-generational firm with a foundation built around servant leadership and total team leadership. We have been recognized as a “Best Places to Work” by InvestmentNews and have made the fastest-growing companies list in both INC 5000 and Georgia’s Fastest 40. As we expand and work to bring our relationship-driven approach to the financial industry, we are looking for the right individuals to join our team.
We are currently seeking a Trader/Analyst to join the Investment Team based in our corporate headquarters in Alpharetta, GA. The ideal candidate will possess strong computer and analytical skills and at least 1 to 2 years of industry experience. We are looking for an individual with a passion for investments and a desire to develop skills and contribute to a team. This person will support all aspects of the investment process.
Skills + Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for the trading functions within the firm, including trading mutual funds, equities, and individual bonds in client accounts to ensure adherence with our recommended model portfolios.
- Provide general investment and operational support for the firm’s financial advisors, financial planners, and client services team.
- Audit client transactions, fees, cash balances, and securities to ensure compliance with firm policies.
- Design, build and maintain marketing and client servicing tools.
- Research and monitor investments as well as our proprietary model portfolios. This process involves performing quantitative analyses on managers from various asset classes and reporting on findings.
- Perform analysis of current financial markets and world events as they pertain to risks that might affect our client accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- FINRA Series 7 and Series 63 or 66.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to wear multiple hats in a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- A genuine desire to serve with excellence.
- Familiarity with Orion Advisor Solutions trading platform.
Salary + Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA) or Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays