In this 2024 Market Outlook titled “No Room for Mistakes,” the Merit investment team reflects on the past 12 months and their implications on the economy and markets heading into 2024. Some of the key points for 2024 are:
- The economy may see a recession.
- Presidential election in the United States may come with potential policy changes.
- The market has already decided that the Federal Reserve will likely reduce interest rates by almost 1.5% in 2024.
- Stock markets will begin to focus on earnings.
- The realm of private markets, equity, and credit, as well as real assets like real estate and commodities along with infrastructure, may provide benefits for portfolios in 2024.
- Market outlook is optimistic but emphasizes the need to monitor economic growth, job market dynamics, and company earnings throughout 2024.
Read the entire 2024 Market Outlook HERE.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your advisor. Thank you for being a valued client of Merit.
Get started with us with one click! Click Here to book a complimentary 1-hour consultation with a Merit Financial Advisor today!
Stay Connected. Stay Informed. Follow us on social media to be the first to hear about Market Updates!
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results. All indices are unmanaged and may not be invested into directly.